5.5W Laser Engraver
Shipping calculated at checkout.
5.5W Laser Engraver
High quality blue laser module for laser cutting or engraving. This module is a good addition to any 3D printer or CNC machine. It has a low light button to test the laser and set the focus with the variable focus lense. The aluminium housing and forced air cooling ensures efficient cooling for optimal operation and long service life. The intensity of the laser can be adjusted via the TTL/PWM signal. Please see the table below for the materials that can be processed with this laser
5.5W Laser Engraver Specification:
- Laser wavelength: 445nm (violet)
- This laser includes a set of laser protective goggles
- Spot type: Dotted (adjustable)
- Lense: Variable focus lense
- Laser power: 5.5 Watt
- Cooling method: Forced Air Cooling
- Operating voltage: 12V DC
- Operating current: 2A
- Housing material: Anodized aluminum
- Module material: Copper
- Life Time: 8000 hours
- Working temperature:-40 to 75 Degree Celsius
|Material||0.5W Laser||2.5W Laser||5.5W Laser|
|3mm Balsa Wood||Engrave||Engrave & Cut||Engrave & Cut|
|5mm Balsa Wood||Engrave||Engrave||Engrave & Cut|
|250g Card Board||Engrave||Engrave & Cut||Engrave & Cut|
|300g Card Board||Engrave||Engrave||Engrave & Cut|
|250g Craft Card||Engrave||Engrave||Engrave & Cut|
|Non-woven Fabric||Engrave & Cut||Engrave & Cut||Engrave & Cut|
|Cotton Fabric||Engrave & Cut||Engrave & Cut||Engrave & Cut|
|Polyester Fabric||Engrave||Engrave||Engrave & Cut|
|Canvas||Engrave||Engrave & Cut||Engrave & Cut|
|Leather||Engrave||Engrave||Engrave & Cut|
|MDF Wood||Engrave||Engrave||Engrave & Cut*|
|Acrylic / Perspex||-||Engrave||Engrave & Cut|
|Stone / Ceramic||-||-||Engrave|
|Painted Metal Surface||-||Engrave||Engrave|
|Bare metal surface||-||-||Engrave**|
|Anodized metal surface||-||-||Engrave|
*Can cut MDF with multiple passes. Yellow MDF or Laser MDF works better than normal MDF.
**Metal engraving spray, powder or tape required for laser marking on bare metal surface.
- Always wear laser protective goggles (Included with laser) when operating a laser. This is not a toy, it is a powerful industrial tool.
- The colour of the material being processed can have a major influence on the efficiency of the laser, for example transparent and white perspex cannot be processed, but black perspex can be processed.
- Processing material with shiny surfaces like shiny metals can reflect the laser energy back into the laser which will damage the laser.
- When cutting wood, blowing compressed air onto the laser focus point increases the efficiency of the laser dramatically.