CNC shield to be used with Arduino Uno.
This is a small, but powerful CNC breakout for for a CNC machine, laser cutter, plotter or engraving machine.
It can run up to 4 stepper motors and is GRBL compatible to be controlled via USB with various controllers.
This shield fits on top of an Arduino Uno which makes upload firmware via USB a breeze.
It also has pins for the endstops, spindle control, coolant control and emergency stop.
A4988 stepper driver can be plugged in directly onto the shield or more powerful external stepper drivers can be connected for bigger stepper motors.
CNC Shield Specifications:
- Compatible with: Arduino Uno
- Input voltage: 12-36V
- Max number of stepper motors channels: 4
- GRBL compatible: Yes
- Hardware version: 3.0
- GRBL 0.8c compatible. (Open source firmware that runs on an Arduino UNO that turns G-code commands into stepper signals
- 4-Axis support (X, Y, Z , A-Can duplicate X,Y,Z or do a full 4th axis with custom firmware using pins D12 and D13)
- 2 x End stops for each axis (6 in total)
- Spindle, Coolant enable and direction
- Uses removable A4988 compatible stepper drivers. (A4988, DRV8825 and others)
- Jumpers to set the Micro-Stepping for the stepper drivers. (Some drivers like the DRV8825 can do up to 1/32 micro-stepping )
- Compact design
- Stepper Motors can be connected with 4 pin molex connectors.
- Runs on 12-36V DC (At the moment only the DRV8825 drivers can handle up to 36V so please consider the operation voltage when powering the board.)