3 Axis Arduino Starter Kit With 4 Stepper Motors
3 Axis Arduino Starter Kit With 4 Stepper MotorsThis 3 Axis Arduino Starter Kit the following:
1x Arduino Uno R3 Controller Board
1x CNC Shield
4x Stepper Motors Drivers A4988 With Heat Sink
4x Nema 17 Stepper Motors
Arduino Uno R3 Controller Board
The Arduino Uno R3 is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega328P. It has 6 digital input/output pins. It has 6 analog inputs/output pins. USB connection, a power jack, an ICSP header, and a reset button. It contains everything needed to support the micro controller. Simply connect it to a computer with a USB cable or power it with a AC-to-DC adapter or battery to get started. The Arduino Uno R3 controller boards requires the CNC shield to control a CNC machine. These two boards together with the stepper drivers forms the controller of the CNC machine and all the motors, sensors and switches connects to it. The Arduino Uno R3 board is sold without firmware and can very easily be loaded onto the board by downloading the Arduino Development Environment from http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software and uploading your firmware to the board via USB.
CNC shield to be used with Arduino Uno. This is a small, but powerful CNC breakout for for a CNC machine, laser cutter, plotter or engraving machine. It can run up to 4 stepper motors and is GRBL compatible to be controlled via USB with various controllers. This shield fits on top of an Arduino Uno which makes upload firmware via USB a breeze. It also has pins for the endstops, spindle control, coolant control and emergency stop. A4988 stepper driver can be plugged in directly onto the shield or more powerful external stepper drivers can be connected for bigger stepper motors.
CNC Shield Specifications:
- Compatible with: Arduino Uno
- Input voltage: 12-36V
- Max number of stepper motors channels: 4
- GRBL compatible: Yes
- Hardware version: 3.0
- GRBL 0.8c compatible. (Open source firmware that runs on an Arduino UNO that turns G-code commands into stepper signals
- 4-Axis support (X, Y, Z , A-Can duplicate X,Y,Z or do a full 4th axis with custom firmware using pins D12 and D13)
- 2 x End stops for each axis (6 in total)
- Spindle, Coolant enable and direction
- Uses removable A4988 compatible stepper drivers. (A4988, DRV8825 and others)
- Jumpers to set the Micro-Stepping for the stepper drivers. (Some drivers like the DRV8825 can do up to 1/32 micro-stepping )
- Compact design
- Stepper Motors can be connected with 4 pin molex connectors.
- Runs on 12-36V DC (At the moment only the DRV8825 drivers can handle up to 36V so please consider the operation voltage when powering the board.)
Stepper Motor Driver A4988
Stepper Motor Driver A4988 is a complete microstepping motor driver with built-in translator for easy operation. This product is available in full, half, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16 step modes operate bipolar stepper motors, output drive capacity of up to 35 V and ± 2 A. Stepper Motor Driver A4988 includes a fixed off-time current regulator, the regulator in slow or mixed decay modes. A4988 converter is the key to the easy implementation.
Stepper Motor Driver A4988 Features and Benefits:
- Low RDS (On) Output
- Automatic current decay mode detection / selection
- Mix with slow current decay modes
- Synchronous rectification for low power dissipation
- Internal UVLO
- Cross-current protection
- 3.3 and 5 V compatible logic supply
- Thermal shutdown circuitry
- Ground fault protection
- Load short-circuit protection
- Optional step five modes: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16
Nema 17 Stepper MotorNEMA 17 stepper motors are used in almost all the Reprap 3D Printers.
This motor is used to drive the X, Y and Z axis as well as the extruder.
This is a high torque, bi-polar, 4-wire stepper motor and comes with 300mm leads.
Nema 17 Stepper Motor Specifications:
Size: NEMA 17 (42mm x 42mm)
Step angle: 1.8 Degrees
Rated voltage: 3.6V
Holding Torque: 4500g.cm
Number of leads: 4
Rotor inertia: 68g.cm^2